Saturday 9 May 2015

The Wedding Planner

So I got a little worried when Melanie started watching "Say Yes to the Dress". But then I got hooked. I was watching it even when Melanie was in Toronto! I know, it's embarrassing. But I was trying to understand what it was that was driving these girls. I'm not sure I gained a lot of insight. In the end, Melanie managed to buy the dress she will be wed in in Ajijic, with friend Lynda offering advice. I haven't seen it yet. She told me it's bad luck to peek.

I bought a few shirts there too, one of which I will wear. We'll toss our sombreros into the river, the thought of which offers a brief opportunity to reflect on this past week. I never believed I would again be preoccupied with thoughts of how a wedding day would go, least of all my own. As I have often said to friends who announced their decision to wed a second time: "What was it about your first marriage you didn't understand?" Now that comment applies to me. I have no answer.

After 12 years, both of us should know. Fortunately, this time has also informed our discussion about wedding day decisions, which were all made in about 12 minutes and in virtual complete agreement. I am not quite settled with the menu yet, but Reina and Janette at Van Galis are offering great Mexican-inspired suggestions. The Mariachi band is booked.

So yes, I am the Wedding Planner. The good news is it is not taking all my time. The other good news is, it's kind of fun. We never wanted to host a wedding at the B&B in spite of many, many requests. On May 30, I am making an exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment