Thursday 9 July 2015

Weighing in

That's what they do before a competitive fight. Check weight. This is ostensibly to ensure the fighters are evenly matched. I am feeling a little over-matched by my trailer.

On weigh-in day, Hildegard tipped the Toledos at 4140 kg. In my weight class, that's a mite more than I'm regularly accustomed to. So today I purchased something called a weight distribution hitch, which 24 hours heretofore had been totally unbeknownst to me. It pays to ask questions.

A good result will be even better. And I will know the result for sure on Monday morning, when my newly installed and stabilized hitch hits the pavement for the 4200 km ride to pay dirt. I think any reasonable person would have run like hell some time ago. I have to admit I never felt a strong need to be accused of that. (Yes, this makes me an idiot.)

Tomorrow, I hope to weigh the truck. It has a new cap, which gives me some added headroom. Mother almost didn't recognize me when I pulled in her driveway. Then I rolled down the window.

"Oh. You again?"

I'm totally kidding. She really does love me.



No comments:

Post a Comment