Tuesday 9 June 2015

20 Days

"Cleaning is the least of our problems." This is what I said to Melanie when she just exclaimed, "look at all this dust."

There is no time like the immediate past, because this is where all my recent memories are stored -- the ones I haven't have time to write about and never want to forget. People came to our home to buy stuff this weekend. Friends and family came from the city to help us prepare. Ron and I picked up the trailer on Monday. She is sweet -- I have to give her a name.

Melanie and I are discussing this naming of the trailer. I want to call it Pricsilla. It needs a girl's name. She wants to call it Butch. As in Butchart, which is the name of my future dog, but I digress. Melanie thinks the trailer is a boy-toy. OK, yes, but...

It has to be a girl's name. You can't call a trailer Butch. I'm thinking, Lola (after my ex-Mother-in-Law, and I mean that in a good way). So I am open to suggestions.

Twenty days. That's all we have left until the whatever-happens-next thing. The trailer looks really big on the outside but somewhat little on the inside. After this weekend's Estate Sale (George Loney keeps asking me, Who died?), we have decided on the online auction option, so stand by your device and share with all your friends.

So much to declare, so little time. As I was photographing the trailer between edits tonight, her name came into my mind. I will call her Hildegard, in honour of an old friend. She will bring us blessings on our journey South, I am sure of it.







No comments:

Post a Comment