Sunday 21 June 2015

So long, and thanks for all the fish...


Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has long been a favourite book of mine, the fourth of the trilogy. And right now I am feeling a little like Arthur Dent. And I appear to have lost my towel. Knowing that the meaning of Life the Universe and Everything is 42, is not very helpful right now. However, God's final words to His creation... "Sorry for the inconvenience"... do ring appropriate.

Melanie and I are the long distance runners. It's the last mile of our Marathon, and the struggle now is not to win, but to finish. The online auction has started, and of all the things I am annoyed about, one of the biggest is not having had time to write about it. It's a journey to relish, and to share. I just really wish we could get on the road already.

Three days until load-the-trailer day. Two days until China Syndrome. So happy we have fond donkey memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment