Tuesday 21 April 2015

Finally, Lunch

Lunch on Lake Chapala, overlooking Mount Garcia.
One of the things we have not done while here is eat. Much. It's amazing how you can dismiss food and live off stored reserves because you can't yet afford the luxury of time to sit down for a meal. I actually am liking this a bit, because I have sufficient stored reserves for a significant period of time. That time is diminishing.

In more ways than one. Countdown to return-date is compressing with each 24 hours and the list of appointments, arrangements, meetings and wish-I-could-do-that stuff is growing rather than lessening. And then Melanie says, "Can we time our departure to coincide with some performance or other at the Grand Ol' Opry?" What is The Groom to say?

Painting is going well, we have a house-watcher/paymaster arranged for the weekly staff and trades, floors will be polished while we are away. The gardener needed tools, so off to "Truper" we go to buy one more of stuff we already have four of.

The best thing that happened today is that, in spite of all her speculative ambitioning, I beat Melanie into the pool. She was being a little chicken. "What if I get my hair wet?" To which I said, "Don't put your head underwater." She was content to dangle her legs. I was chilling out.

Melanie: Too chicken to get in the pool
It's slightly scary when you base your home decorating colour choices on your wardrobe.

1 comment:

  1. Okay. I thought I had you trained that there are THREE meals each day and ONE of them is LUNCH.

    ReplyDelete