Saturday 11 April 2015

Run for the Border

Tomorrow is crossing number two. We decided to chill out in San Antonio instead of Laredo tonight, and spent a lovely evening on the Riverwalk. What a treat. It's a cross between old Quebec and what I imagine Venice to be, without the French and Italian, spiced with Mexican flavours instead. It is a tourism machine where January is the only down-time. A must-do visit if you ever get close.

Melanie spilled my unfinished cold coffee on her passport today while trying to clear out the car. We dried it off with the hotel hair blower, but now she is afraid they will not let her into Mexico for defacing her documentation. Mexico can be funny that way. I told her I would make sure she had a nice place to stay, and that I would pick her up on the way back in a few weeks. She wasn't laughing much last time I checked.




No comments:

Post a Comment