Wednesday 1 April 2015

The Loneliness of the Long Distance Packer

A week from this moment I will be in Louisville, which is a slightly scary thought. Not because Louisville is scary, but because of where Louisville leads, which is into the Great Unknown. Throwing convention aside, that makes it just about the same as any other day.

The house was quiet today. Melanie is in Toronto, which fact alone should explain that statement. While she is goofing around (kidding) on a video shoot, I am here not-packing. Not even thinking about packing. This is largely because the phone keeps ringing and I keep getting interrupted by panic attacks.

I admit I don't really know what a panic attack feels like, and I know they are not funny. But OMG, neither is this. Happy, mostly. Certainly interesting, in a "oh, what-the-h*ll could go wrong" sort of way. At times, defensively detached. But for sure, not funny.

So I will quietly not-pack alone for another day. Maybe tomorrow. After breathing in and out deeply for a while.

She ought'a be home by then. Then we can not-pack together.

No comments:

Post a Comment