Thursday 2 April 2015

Perspective

I got an email today that upset me. I realized what was happening -- I was allowing myself to be disturbed by the author's lack of understanding of an issue about which I care deeply, and in which I am daily engaged. Making it worse, I'm a volunteer. The author is nothing more than a critic yelling from the sidelines.

Everyone needs a thick skin when they put themselves in front of a cause. Still, as I drove to an errand, it was hard to put it out of my mind. Here it is, Easter. A time for family and reflection. And for a time, I allowed that joy to be disturbed by someone else's rant.

It's sometimes hard to keep things in perspective. I intend to do so this weekend. Happy Easter to all, however you celebrate. T-minus six days and counting.



No comments:

Post a Comment